Why Choose an LCD Display for E-bike Over an Led Display
When you purchase your e-bike conversion kit, the user is given the option to choose either an LCD display or an LED display. An LED display is standard in your conversion kit, as you will need it to power on/off your system, however, the LCD display offers a plethora of additional features. Let's examine those features and determine if an LCD e-bike display is what you're looking for!
LED VS LCD ELECTRIC BIKE DISPLAY: WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
- Turn power ON/OFF;
- Monitor battery status & power level;
- Adjust PAS level;
- Set walk mode (Cruise Control).
810 LED Display
SW900 LCD Display
What if you are in need of limiting speed, adjusting voltage, adjusting Pedal Assist sensitivity, or even starting strength on top of the basics like battery level?
The SW900 LCD display offers much more than a digital screen and fancy look, it allows you to edit controller parameters, control all functions on your e-bike from speed to wheel size, and even has an external headlight.
Additional details we can see on the SW900 LCD display screen:
- Speedometer: Stay informed about your current and average speed, as well as the maximum bike speed allowed. Knowing your speed is essential for safety and for achieving your cycling goals.
- Total/Single Trip Distance (Odometer): Keep track of how many kilometers or miles you have traversed. This tool is essential for assessing progress and staying motivated. With the availability of Trip A and B features, it helps in setting different tracking for different kinds of rides.
- Trip time: Monitor the duration of your trips. Whether you’re aiming for a quick workout or a long adventure, this feature helps you manage your time efficiently.
- Battery status: Positioned prominently at the top, the remaining battery power capacity indicator keeps you informed of how much power charge is remaining in the battery. It’s essential to monitor this to estimate how far you can travel on the remaining battery. It's advised to maintain the battery capacity levels between 20% to 80% and avoid depleting below 20% before recharging to prolong battery life.
- Wattage: Often overlooked, the wattmeter is vital as it informs you of your real-time power usage, allowing you to adjust your riding style accordingly.
Other Features that LCD Display May Include
Aside from the numerous functionalities and control that an LCD screen already brings to the table, there are other remarkable features and integrated technology that further enhance your riding experience. These e-bike display features not only offer convenience but also contribute to a more engaging and efficient e-biking adventure. Here's a closer look at some of them:
- Pedal Assist: The Pedal Assist feature on an electric bike simplifies the task of utilizing the motor's power to make pedaling easier and swifter. Once this mode is activated and a level of assistance is selected, the motor supplies a specific instantaneous power output to the pedals. As a result, even a gentle push can translate into significant momentum. Electric bikes usually come with different pedal assist settings, often ranging from 0-4 or more. By pressing the "+" or "-" buttons, you can toggle power assist and adjust the motor’s output. At level 0, there is no assistance, level 1 offers minimal assistance, while the highest levels (e.g., level 5) provide maximum assistance. Levels 1 and 2 are ideal for gentle assistance or to conserve battery life. Level 3 is a good choice for climbing hills or maintaining a steady speed of around 15 mph on a flat surface. The highest levels provide the maximum power output, allowing riders to easily reach speeds of up to 20 mph or more. However, higher levels will consume the battery faster. One of the key benefits of pedal assist is the ability for riders to choose how intense they want their workout to be, and effortlessly navigate through traffic.
- USB Charging: In today's technology-driven world, riders often carry devices like smartphones, cameras, or music players that enhance the joy of cycling. The LCD display can come with a built-in USB charging port, ensuring that you don’t have to worry about your devices running out of juice during your journey. This USB charging feature is incredibly convenient, as it keeps your gadgets powered up and ensures that your cycling experience is uninterrupted and thoroughly enjoyable.
WHY CHOOSE AN ELECTRIC BIKE LCD DISPLAY
However, you are given the option to choose an LCD Display. At Ebikeling, we offer the LCD for $44.99. You may think that it's not worth it or may even find it unnecessary. First things first, it will not impact your e-bike's drivability in any way. Your e-bike will still function as it's designed to regardless of which display you choose. This may be the deciding factor for you but there is much more to it.
The LCD display will provide your current speed, average speed, maximum speed, remaining battery percentage, clock, total as well as single trip distances. You also have the option to choose the assist level for your Pedal Assist Sensor. Furthermore, you can install a headlight and control it through the LCD display. Last but not least, the LCD display is able to provide any error codes. Each code is referred to in the user manual. These are some of the capabilities of the LCD display. Although we do not include a physical copy of the LCD User Manual in your kit, we will email a digital version upon your request for you to check all that it offers. It is definitely worth a try.
With the plethora of features and control that an LCD display offers, it's evident that it’s an invaluable asset for any e-bike enthusiast. Whether you're a daily commuter, an adventurous rider, or a fitness enthusiast, the LCD display will enhance your riding experience and keep you well-informed and in control. Don't settle for less when you can have the best. Make the smart choice and invest in an LCD display for your e-bike. Visit eBikeling today and give your rides the upgrade they deserve.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR LCD DISPLAY OWNERS:
If you already purchased an LCD display from Ebikeling, you may have wondered how to convert the speed from kilometers per hour to miles per hour. Turn your display on using the “M” button. After it has turned on, press and hold the “∧” and “∨”. At the very bottom of the LCD display, change to 00 00 02, press “M” then use the arrow to switch to “mile”.