Do you think eBikes are for lazy people who do not like pedaling? Well, you might be right if you are one of those lazy fellows but research says it’s not true actually.
Electric bikes can make pedaling, climbing hills or riding a bike simpler but how they can impact our health and environment exactly?
- Researchers at Clemson University and the University of Pennsylvania released a study in 2014 that shows riding a bike keeps you active and will make you happy, it will reduce stress which means a positive effect on your health. It is also good for those who have sleep difficulties according to University of Georgia researchers.
- Electric bicycles are almost carbon free compared to conventional vehicles. They are exhaust free and it makes them environment friendly.
- No sound pollution with ebikes.
- Older people feel more comfortable with electric bicycles. They will have courage and a chance to go out and enjoy the ride without getting tired.
- Ebikes make legs stronger and significantly strengthen bones, muscles, joints, riders body in short.
- Cycling commuting distance can be increased by electric bicycles easily which is going to have a positive effect on your health and environment as well.
- Ebike riders save money using their bikes instead of a car.
- Losing weight is easy with ebikes. Cycling can burn up to 500 calories per hour. We know that it is not easy on a traditional bike but it becomes fun with electric bikes.
In conclusion, riding electric bicycles offer a wide variety of benefits and can be described as one of the most enjoyable ways to get the exercise we need for a healthy life.